|Replacing or updating online takes about 10 minutes.|
- If your seniors card has been lost, damaged or stolen you can order a replacement card online, over the phone or at a service centre. A new card will be posted within 28 days.
- If you order a replacement at a service centre you will be given a temporary card, which you can use until you new card arrives.
- You can also update your address and contact details online, over the phone or at a service centre.
About replacing or updating details on a seniors card
You can replace your seniors card or update the personal contact details on your seniors card at any time. It is important to keep it up-to-date so that you don't miss any correspondence you may have opted to receive.
If you need or update or add an email address you can only do this online or at a service centre. If you have changed your name, you must update this at a service centre.
How to replace or update
|Department of Premier and Cabinet||Find your nearest Service Centre||1300 13 55 13|
What you need to replace or update
To replace your card or update your address, phone number or email address you must:
- sign in to your online account.
To replace your card, or update your address, phone number, email address you must provide your:
- current seniors card, or
- proof of identity documents.
To change your name you must provide:
- your current seniors card
- a legal document (e.g. birth certificate or marriage certificate) which shows your new name.
To replace your card, or update your address or phone number you must provide your:
- full name
- new address (if applicable) or confirm current address
- phone number.
Can I replace or update?
To replace or update details on a seniors card you must be the seniors card holder.
Proving your identity
There are 2 ways to prove your identity:
- Provide your current Tasmanian driver licence
- Provide identity documents
One of the documents must have your date of birth and one must prove your Tasmanian residential address.
- Australian Birth certificate (or extract)
- Australian Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearms licence
- Medicare Card
- Credit card/debit card with your signature
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card or Centrelink Aged Pension Card
- Change of Name or Marriage Certificate (from Births, Deaths and Marriages) to prove any name change
- Recent bank statement or utility account with current residential address.
How much it costs
There is no cost associated with this service.
There is no payment required for this service.