|Activating online takes about 10 minutes.|
- Your seniors card can be managed online using the self-service portal if you have an email address.
- If you applied online via the new Seniors Card system, your online account was set up automatically. If you are an existing card holder, you will need to activate an online account.
- You can use the online portal to update personal details, request a replacement card, or download a digital image of your card to use.
|Get started||button_link||Activate an online seniors card account at the Department of Premier and Cabinet|
About applying for an online seniors card account
Your seniors card can be managed online using the self-service portal. You can update personal details, request card replacements, and download a digital image of your card to use instead of a physical card.
You can also search the Seniors Card Discount Directory online for the latest discounts and benefits.
How to apply
|Department of Premier and Cabinet||Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to apply
To activate your online account (If you are an existing Seniors Card holder) you must provide your:
- contact information
- seniors card details
- email address.
Please note: If you applied online via the new Seniors Card system, your online account was set up automatically.
To activate your online account at a service centre you must provide your:
- full name
- email address
- proof of identity.
Can I apply?
To activate a seniors card online account you must be a seniors card holder.
Proving your identity
There are 2 ways to prove your identity:
- Provide your current Tasmanian driver licence
- Provide identity documents
One of the documents must have your date of birth and one must prove your Tasmanian residential address.
- Australian Birth certificate (or extract)
- Australian Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearms licence
- Medicare Card
- Credit card/debit card with your signature
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card or Centrelink Aged Pension Card
- Change of Name or Marriage Certificate (from Births, Deaths and Marriages) to prove any name change
- Recent bank statement or utility account with current residential address.
How much it costs
There is no cost associated with this service.
There is no payment required for this service.
Please visit the Department of Premier and Cabinet for more information on activating an online seniors card account.