- You can apply to replace your white card if it has been lost, stolen or damaged.
- You must apply in person at a service centre with a replacement application form and your proof of identity documents.
About replacing a lost, stolen or damaged white card
You must have a white card to work in the construction industry at any level, if your card is lost, stolen or damaged you need to replace it as soon as possible.
For more information on white card applications, including exemptions, please visit WorkSafe Tasmania.
How to replace
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to replace
When you visit the service centre you must:
- bring a completed white card replacement application form
- bring your proof of identity
- pay the licence fee.
Can I replace?
You must have a current white card to have the card replaced.
Proving your identity
You must provide 3 documents from the following lists to support your application. All documents must be:
- the originals (not photocopies or certified copies)
You must have:
- One document from category A and 2 documents from category B, or
- Two documents from category A and one document from category B.
- Birth certificate (not an extract)
- Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearm licence
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs issued travel documents, including a visa
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs issued certificate of evidence of residential status.
- Medicare card
- Plastic bank or credit card, with signature
- Tertiary student card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs or Centrelink Pensioner Concession card
- Births Deaths and Marriages change of name or marriage certificate (to prove name change)
- Security guard or crowd controller licence
- Government issued personal photo ID card.
How much it costs
|Licence type||Licence fee|
Construction induction, white card application
Construction induction, white card replacement
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.