|Renewing online takes about 10 minutes.|
- You must have a plumbing practitioner licence if you wish to carry out plumbing work or you are an employee of a business carrying out plumbing work.
- Plumbing work includes the design, construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration, maintenance, servicing, testing, commissioning, decommissioning or removal of any part of plumbing installations or systems.
|Get started||button_link||Please visit Consumer, Building and Occupational Services to renew a plumbing practitioner licence|
About renewing a plumbing practitioner licence
You cannot renew a licence that expired more than 60 days ago, you must submit a new application. If your renewal is successful, you get confirmation within 21 days.
How to renew
What you need to renew
You must provide:
- proof you have completed continuing professional development
- answers to a set of declaration questions (with any supporting documents)
If you need a new photo to finalise your renewal, you must visit a service centre with proof of identity documents.
Can I renew?
- be a fit and proper (PDF, 147KB) person
- have the relevant qualifications and competencies (an apprenticeship and a minimum certificate 3 in plumbing, roof plumbing or mechanical services)
- have completed the relevant training
- have completed continuing professional development.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
|Occupation - plumber||One year licence||Three year licence|
Practitioner - sole trader (must hold a contractor licence)
Please note that you will be charged a fee for your practitioner licence. This fee will be removed from your contractor licence fee and there will be no overall increase due to this administrative change.
Practitioner or certifier
No licence option
Contractor (sole trader)
Contractor (2 to 4 practitioners)
Contractor (5 to 9 practitioners)
Contractor (10+ practitioners)
Contractor - over 65 years
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
Please visit Consumer, Building and Occupational Services for more information on renewing a plumbing practitioner licence.