|Renewing online takes about 10 minutes.|
- You must have a plumbing contractor licence to sell plumbing services to businesses, the public or the government.
- Plumbing work includes installing, altering, maintaining, or disconnecting a plumbing installation such as refrigeration, sanitary plumbing and drainage, stormwater drainage, water services, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, hydraulic, liquid fuel, medical gas or pneumatic gas.
|Get started||button_link||Please visit Consumer, Building and Occupational Services to renew a plumbing contractor licence|
About renewing a plumbing contractor licence
A plumbing contractor must nominate a responsible person in their business as the nominated manager.
How to renew
What you need to renew
You must provide:
- a digital copy of your certificate of currency for insurance
- answers to a set of declaration questions (with any supporting documents)
Can I renew?
- be a fit and proper (PDF, 147KB) person
- have a strong and stable financial background
- have the relevant qualifications and competencies
- hold an adequate insurance coverage (at least $5 million for any one incident)
- elect a nominated manager.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
|Occupation - plumber||One year licence||Three year licence|
Practitioner - sole trader (must hold a contractor licence)
Please note that you will be charged a fee for your practitioner licence. This fee will be removed from your contractor licence fee and there will be no overall increase due to this administrative change.
Practitioner or certifier
No licence option
Contractor (sole trader)
Contractor (2 to 4 practitioners)
Contractor (5 to 9 practitioners)
Contractor (10+ practitioners)
Contractor - over 65 years
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
Please visit Consumer, Building and Occupational Services for more information on renewing a plumbing contractor licence.