- You must renew your licence every 5 years.
- You can renew your licence 30 days before it expires.
- You must renew at a service centre, with your completed renewal form and your high risk work licence.
About renewing a high risk work licence
The expiry date is printed on your licence.
If you do not renew before the expiry date, you have 12 months in which to renew, but you cannot carry out high risk work during that time. If you need a licence again after the 12-month period is up, you must apply for a new high risk work licence.
WorkSafe Tasmania will send a renewal notice to your last known postal address.
How to renew
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to renew
When you visit the service centre you must:
- bring your renewal form. If you have not received your renewal form from WorkSafe, you can complete and print the online form and take it to a service centre.
- bring your current high risk licence. If you do not have this, you will need to show full proof of identity
- pay the renewal fee, and
- have your photo taken.
Can I renew?
You can renew if your high risk work licence is:
- current, or
- expired up to 12 months ago.
Proving your identity
There are 2 ways to prove your identity:
1. Your high risk work licence
You can show your high risk work licence, even if it expired up to 12 months ago
2. Provide identity documents
If you don't have your current high risk work licence you must show at least 3 documents from the following lists to support your renewal. All the documents must be:
- the originals (not photocopies or certified copies)
You must have:
- One document from category A and 2 documents from category B, or
- Two documents from category A and one document from category B.
- Birth certificate (not an extract)
- Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearm licence
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs issued travel documents, including a visa
- Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs issued certificate of evidence of residential status.
- Medicare card
- Plastic bank or credit card, with signature
- Tertiary student card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs or Centrelink Pensioner Concession card
- Births Deaths and Marriages change of name or marriage certificate (to prove name change)
- Security guard or crowd controller licence
- Government issued personal photo ID card.
How much it costs
Application for new high risk work licence - 1-3 classes
Application for new high risk work licence - more than 3 classes
Application to add class to high risk licence - 1-3 classes
Application to add class to high risk licence - more than 3 classes
Application to replace a high risk work licence
Application for renewal of high risk work licence
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
- If you do not receive your new card within 60 days, please contact WorkSafe.
- You can update your address details directly with WorkSafe Tasmania.
- If you want to renew your licence while temporarily overseas or interstate please call the WorkSafe Tasmania Helpline 1300 366 322 for advice.
Please visit Worksafe Tasmania for more information on renewing a high risk work licence.