- A building services provider does building or demolition work, design work or assessment and certification work.
- There are different types of licences, depending on what work you are looking to do.
- You can complete the renewal online.
About renewing a building services provider licence
The types of licences are:
- building designer
- building services designer
- building surveyor
- permit authority
- body corporate
- planning consultant.
Each type of licence has unique requirements and defines what type of work you can do.
When you have a licence, you can only carry out work within your area of competence. This is work that you are:
- qualified for
- experienced in, and
- capable of doing.
How to renew
What you need to renew
The requirements vary depending on what type of licence you are renewing.
Please visit Consumer, Building and Occupational Services to understand what you need for your renewal.
Can I renew?
- have the appropriate qualifications, experience and competencies required by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services
- hold the appropriate insurance policy
- complete continuing professional development.
If you are renewing a licence for a body corporate or partnership licence, you must nominate a person to hold the licence.
You must keep records of all work you have completed for at least 10 years.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
|Occupation||One year licence||Three year licence|
Engineer, building designer, building services designer, building surveyor, permit authority, body corporate, partnership.
No licence option
Restricted roof drainage endorsement - building licence only.
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.