- Certain items of plant must be registered with WorkSafe Tasmania to ensure they are inspected by a competent person and are safe to operate.
- It is an offence to use an unregistered plant item (which should be registered).
- Registration is valid for 5 years and you must apply at a service centre.
- WorkSafe sends you a renewal notice before the registration of your plant expires.
About applying for or renewing a plant item registration
You can apply to register a plant item if it is new or has never been registered and it should be registered.
If you have bought a plant item that has been registered, you can transfer the registration. Ask the previous owner for the plant item registration number and registration document and then submit a notice of relocation or change of information of registered item of plant (PDF, 837KB) at a service centre.
There is no fee for transferring a plant item registration.
How to apply or renew
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to apply or renew
To apply you must:
- provide a completed application form (PDF, 769KB)
- provide the plant design registration details
- pay a fee.
To renew you must:
- provide your renewal notice
- pay a fee.
Can I apply or renew?
You can apply for or renew if you are a person who manages or controls plant items that should be registered.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
Application for registration of design of item of plant
Application for registration of item of plant
Application for renewal of registration of item of plant
Application for replacing plant registration document
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
Please visit WorkSafe Tasmania for more information on applying for or renewing a plant item registration.