About applying for approval to do a shot-firing course
You must apply for approval to do a shot-firing course before you can apply for a shot-firing permit from WorkSafe Tasmania.
In your application you must nominate which type of shot firing category you will be applying for.
- Underground (Category 1 - tunnelling or underground/undersea mining)
- Surface (Category 2 - involved in above-ground quarrying, road construction and open-cut mining)
- Structural (Category 3 - building construction, building demolition, civil engineering)
- Pyrotechnical (Category 4 - firing fireworks in fireworks displays)
- Special Events (Category 5 - firing cannon or similar ordnance at tourism venues or historical re-enactments or musical or theatrical performances)
- Agrarian (Category 6 - land clearing or other agricultural or forestry operations)
- Exploratory (Category 7 - geological exploration or seismological, paleontological or other scientific research or experimentation)
- Special Operations (Category 8 - shot-firing not covered by any other category).
How to apply
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to apply
You must visit a service centre and:
- provide a completed application form (PDF, 970KB)
- provide any supporting documents you may like to include
- pay a fee.
Can I apply?
You can apply if you:
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
Application for approval to undertake a shot-firing course
Application for shot-firing permit
Application for renewal of shot-firing permit
Fee for late application for renewal of shot-firing permit
Application for recognition of interstate shot-firing authority
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.