- You must apply for a pyrotechnician permit at least 21 days before the date of your display.
- Your display must not begin before 6 pm or continue after 10 pm. It must also not be longer than 30 minutes (except for New Years Eve displays).
- You must have the landowner's permission to apply and you must have a security sensitive dangerous substances permit and a shot firing permit.
- You can apply by email or at a service centre.
|Find a Service Centre||Service Tasmania||Apply for a pyrotechnician permit at your nearest Service Tasmania service centre|
About applying for a pyrotechnician permit
Pyrotechnicians may buy or get type 3 fireworks under a security sensitive dangerous substances permit.
You cannot run a type 3 fireworks display unless you have a fireworks display permit.
How to apply
|Service Centre||By email|
|Find your nearest Service Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
What you need to apply
- provide a completed application form (PDF, 1.05MB)
- provide a site plan (details of what to include are on the application form)
- pay a fee.
Can I apply?
You can apply if you have a shot firing permit with a pyrotechnics endorsement.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
Application for fireworks display permit not involving type 3 fireworks
Application for fireworks display permit involving any type 3 fireworks
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
|WorkSafe will contact you by phone to get credit card details.|
Please visit WorkSafe Tasmania for more information on applying for a pyrotechnician permit.