About applying for a plant design registration
Makers, importers or suppliers must not supply items of plant that have not had the design registered. For a full list of the plant designs that must be registered, please visit WorkSafe Tasmania.
You must also register the design of any plant that has an alteration that may affect its safe operation.
You do not need to register a plant design if the alteration is:
- registered by another state or territory under a corresponding work health and safety law
- for a tower crane or gantry crane, if:
- the crane is relocated for use in a different workplace
- the design of the supporting structure/foundations of the crane is altered according to a site-specific design prepared for the safe operation of the crane at the new location
- the design of the crane is not altered in any way.
How to apply
|Find your nearest Service Centre|
What you need to apply
- provide a completed application form (PDF, 1.2MB)
- provide the plant design drawings, please do not make them larger than A3 paper size
- pay a fee.
Can I apply?
Anyone running a business that manages or controls an item of plant can apply.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
Application for registration of design of item of plant
Application for registration of item of plant
Application for renewal of registration of item of plant
Application for replacing plant registration document
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.