tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • If you are an auction house, dealer, insurer, auto parts dismantler or loss assessor, you must notify Transport Services when a vehicle has been written off. Owners cannot assess a written off vehicle.
  • Written-off vehicles are insured vehicles less than 15 years old and 4500 kg gross vehicle mass (GVM). You must submit the form (PDF, 552KB) by email to tes@stategrowth.tas.gov.au or by post to Registration and Licensing Services, GPO Box 1002, Hobart 7001.
  • Wrecked vehicles are insured vehicles more than 15 years of age and 4500 kg GVM (regardless of age) or uninsured vehicles less than 15 years old.
  • You must submit a form (PDF, 287KB) to notify Transport Services if a vehicle has been wrecked.
Visit nowbutton_link

Please visit Transport Services for more information on reporting a written-off or wrecked vehicle

Tasmanian Government - Department of State Growth Logo