tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • The Motor Accidents Insurance Board (MAIB) provides insurance for people injured in a motor accident and families of people fatally injured on our roads.
  • They pay for treatment and support services for eligible people regardless of who was at fault.
  • To make a claim with MAIB you must report the accident to police as soon as possible. You must submit an application for benefits (PDF, 543KB) and a notice of accident form (PDF, 462KB) if you were the driver or owner of the vehicle involved in the accident.
  • Contact MAIB on 1800 006 224, by email at info@maib.tas.gov.au or in person at 33 George Street, Launceston 7250.
Visit nowMAIB homePlease visit MAIB for more information on their servicesMAIB - Service. Support. Safety. Logo