|Paying online takes about 5 minutes.|
- If you receive an infringement notice or a court fine, you must make a payment to the Monetary Penalties Enforcement Service (MPES) within 28 days.
- If you are unable to pay by the due date, you can apply to the MPES to pay in instalments. Call MPES on 1300 366 776 to discuss a payment plan.
- If you are unable to pay and owe a large amount, you must submit a variation of payment conditions form and provide extra documents such as bank statements, tax returns and proof of income.
About paying an infringement notice or court fine
Within 28 days of the issue date on the notice, you must:
- pay the infringement notice
- apply to MPES for a variation of payment conditions
- apply to the issuing authority for it to be withdrawn, or
- lodge a notice to elect a court hearing (PDF, 51KB).
If you do nothing, you will be issued with an enforcement order.
If you receive an enforcement order you have 14 days to pay your penalty and the enforcement order fee before enforcement sanctions or warrants are imposed.
Payment in full at any time will stop enforcement action.
If you wish to dispute an infringement notice or fine, you must contact the agency that issued it. MPES only collects payment on behalf of agencies and will not be able to help you with a dispute.
How to pay
Or via BPAY
|Find your nearest Service Centre||1300 366 772||MPES|
GPO Box 995
Hobart, Tasmania, 7001
What you need to pay
If you are paying online or over the phone, you need:
- your infringement or account number, and
If you are paying at a service centre you need:
- your infringement or account number, or
- the account holder's name and date of birth or address, and
If you are paying by post, you must provide your:
- full name
- date of birth
- infringement or account number
Can I pay?
You must pay any infringement notice or court fine.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
If you don't respond to the infringement notice within 28 days you may have to pay additional fees.
|Type of additional fee||Description||Cost|
Fee added if you have not paid within 28 days
Driver licence suspension or ineligibility
Vehicle registration suspension
Publish your details on the MPES website
Impose a charge on any land you have an interest in
Seize and sell your property
Redirect money that belongs to you
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.