- You must be at least 18 years of age to hire a personal locator beacon.
- A Visa or Mastercard number must be provided on the hire agreement in case of damage or loss of the beacon.
- You can reserve, hire or return a personal locator beacon at our Hobart, Launceston, Burnie or Devonport service centres.
About applying to reserve, hire or return a personal locator beacon
A personal locator beacon is a small device used in life-threatening situations which, once activated, calls emergency services via a global satellite system.
Personal locator beacons are available at Hobart, Launceston, Burnie or Devonport service centres.
You can hire or return personal locator beacons at the Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair visitor centres, but you cannot reserve a beacon at these centres as numbers are limited.
How to reserve, hire or return
What you need to reserve, hire or return
- you do not need anything.
To hire, you need:
- a hire agreement form (PDF, 35KB)
- a Mastercard or Visa
- proof of identity
- to pay the fee.
To return, you need:
- the personal locator beacon. We prefer you to return the beacon to the service centre you hired it from.
If this is not possible you must return it to one of the following service centres:
Can I reserve, hire or return?
You can hire a personal locator beacon if you are over 18.
If you are under 18, you must have a parent or guardian with you to sign the hire agreement.
Proving your identity
To hire, you need:
- a driver licence, or
- a passport, or
- a photo identification card.
How much it costs
It costs $40 per week to hire a personal locator beacon. The maximum hire period is 4 weeks.
Fess will apply for damaged and lost beacons.
|Condition of personal locator beacon||Fee|
Returned with the safety seal broken (except if broken in an emergency situation)
Damaged beyond repair or lost
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.