- An application for authority supports a firearm licence application (genuine reason) for the possession and use of a firearm for recreational hunting or vermin control.
- It allows you to shoot specified game and vermin on the land specified in the document.
- The document is valid for the period of your firearms licence.
- You can apply at a service centre or by post.
|Find a Service Centre||ST||Apply for a licence holders permission document at your nearest Service Tasmania service centre|
About applying for a firearm licence holders permission document
If you are applying for a firearms licence, an application for authority can be used as a genuine reason for recreational hunting and vermin control.
Once approved, conditions will apply and be set out in the document.
How to apply
|Find your nearest Service Centre||Wildlife Services|
GPO Box 44
Hobart, TAS 7001
What you need to apply
You must provide:
- a completed application form (PDF, 308KB)
Can I apply?
You can apply if you are applying for a firearms licence and your genuine reason for possessing and using a firearm is recreational hunting or vermin control.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
It costs $10.
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
Please visit Wildlife Management for more information on an application for authorisation.