tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • The general approach to residential noise management in Tasmania is that a person's use of noise-making equipment, as well as their recreational activities, must not unreasonably interfere with their neighbour's wellbeing.
  • There are permissible hours of use for machinery commonly used in garden and home maintenance, on residential construction sites and for recreational activities, as well as industrial activities.
  • For most residential noise complaints your local council will be the regulating body. The Noise Complaints Fact Sheet (PDF, 313 KB) can help you find the appropriate contact. Your local council is available during regular work hours.
  • For industrial noise complaints you can phone the EPA Complaints Hotline 1800 005 171. The hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have a non-urgent complaint, you can email incidentresponse@epa.tas.gov.au.

Visit nowEnvironment Protection AgencyPlease visit the Environment Protection Agency for more information on making a residential noise complaintEPA Tasmania - Environment Protection Authority logo