tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • The housing rent deduction scheme can pay your public housing rent straight from your Centrelink payments.
  • You must apply for the scheme through your housing authority. They will give you an application form to fill in.
  • Once your application is approved, your rent will be taken straight from your Centrelink payment and given to your housing authority.
  • You will get a letter to confirm when your deductions will start. You must pay your rent normally until you get your letter.
Visit nowbutton_link

Please visit Services Australia for more information on the housing rent deduction scheme

Australian Government - Services Australia Logo