- The land tax search certificate shows the land tax payable for the property for the financial year.
- The certificate includes an estimate of land tax owing by a property vendor at settlement date.
- If you are a legal practitioner or conveyancer you can apply online with your Tasmanian Revenue Online account, by email or at a service centre.
- Individuals must apply by email or at a service centre.
About applying for a land tax search certificate
A land tax search provides information on how much land tax must be paid by each party, when a property is sold part way through a financial year.
How to apply
What you need to apply
As an individual you can only apply by visiting a service centre or by email. You must:
- provide a completed application form (PDF, 164KB)
- provide a copy of the signed contract
- pay the search fee.
As a legal practitioner or conveyancer, you can apply:
Can I apply?
You can apply if you can provide a document to prove that you are:
- the owner of the land, or
- a legal practitioner or conveyancer acting for a party to the contract for sale, or
- a trustee of the owner of the land, or
- a party to the contract for sale.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
The land tax search fee is $12.75.
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
|Online||Invoice will be sent.|