- The Land Information System Tasmania (LIST) is a government online system where you can find and use information about land and property in Tasmania.
- You can also search a power of attorney if it was registered after December 2001 and get a copy for a fee.
- You can search online, at a service centre, by post or in person at the Land Titles Office.
About searching the land titles register
A title search provides details of the title holder of the property as registered with the lands titles office and will show any mortgages, caveats or easements and any unregistered dealings. You might need to do a current title search when you:
- need proof of land ownership
- are seeking planning or building approval
- are interested in buying a property.
Folio Text can be purchased together with the Folio Plan.
The LIST has a full description of the properties and title products (PDF, 928KB) available to access.
How to search
|Online||Service Centre||Post||In person|
|The LIST||Find your nearest Service Centre||Land Tasmania|
GPO Box 541
Hobart, TAS, 7000
Level 1, 134 Macquarie Street
Hobart, TAS, 7000
What you need to search
You can search the Land Titles Register with:
- the volume or folio reference, or
- the plan number and lot number reference to the property, or
- the address of the property.
- identifying the property on a map or plan
- a form of payment.
To search or obtain a copy of a power of attorney, you need:
- the full names of the persons granting and being granted the power of attorney, and
- the registered number of the power of attorney
- to pay the fee.
Can I search?
Anyone can search the LIST.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
Current land title search
$34 per document
Property and valuation information
$14.70 per report
Premium property and valuation information
$28.35 per report
Property sales information
$0.68c per sale (includes GST)
Copy of registered power of attorney
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.