- Before you lodge an application, you must phone property services on (03) 6169 9015 or email PropertyServices@parks.tas.gov.au to discuss your requirements or proposal.
- There is a licence guide sheet (PDF, 292KB) to help with your application.
- You are responsible for any additional costs that are part of the application. These can include stamp duty, legal, valuation and survey fees and environmental or heritage assessments.
About applying for, renewing or transferring a crown land licence
The Parks and Wildlife Service issue leases and licences to individuals, community organisations and businesses for a range of activities on Parks and Wildlife Service managed land. The Parks and Wildlife Service acts as a landlord on behalf of the Crown and the people of Tasmania.
A licence authorises the use of the land for a specified purpose. Unlike leases, licences do not allow exclusive occupation and are often issued for shared use of the land, such as:
- shared access over reserved roads
- bee keeping
- private slipways and jetties.
How to apply, renew or transfer
|Find your nearest Service Centre||Wildlife Services|
GPO Box 44
Hobart, TAS 7001
What you need to apply, renew or transfer
Can I apply, renew or transfer?
Anyone can apply for a crown land licence.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
|Crown land||Fee - Crown Land||Fee - Reserve Land|
Lease application fee
Licence application fee - access only
Licence application fee - general purpose
Lease renewal application fee
Licence renewal application fee
Transfer fee : consideration $60,000 or less
Transfer fee : consideration is over $60,000
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.