- Before you lodge an application, you must call property services on (03) 6169 9015 or email PropertyServices@parks.tas.gov.au to discuss your requirements or proposal.
- There is a lease guide sheet (PDF, 292KB) to help with your application.
- You are responsible for any additional costs that may arise as part of the application. These can include stamp duty, legal, valuation and survey fees, and environmental or heritage assessments.
About applying for, renewing or transferring a crown land lease
The Parks and Wildlife Service issue leases and licences to individuals, community organisations and businesses for a range of activities on Parks and Wildlife Service managed land. The Parks and Wildlife Service acts as a landlord on behalf of the Crown and the people of Tasmania.
A lease allows the exclusive occupation of the land for a fixed term and specified purpose. Generally, leases are issued where longer term or commercial activities are proposed like:
- community halls
- caravan parks
- sporting facilities.
How to apply, renew or transfer
|Service Centre||By post|
|Find your nearest Service Centre||Parks and Wildlife Service|
GPO Box 44
Hobart, TAS 7001
What you need to apply, renew or transfer
To apply for, renew, transfer, vary or cancel a crown land lease you must:
- complete an application form (PDF, 221KB)
- provide plans (PDF, 292KB) showing the location of the land
- provide colour photos
- provide an authority for works application (if applicable)
- pay a fee.
Can I apply, renew or transfer?
Anyone can apply for a crown land lease.
Proving your identity
You do not need to prove your identity.
How much it costs
|Crown land||Fee - Crown Land||Fee - Reserve Land|
Lease application fee
Licence application fee - access only
Licence application fee - general purpose
Lease renewal application fee
Licence renewal application fee
Transfer fee : consideration $60,000 or less
Transfer fee : consideration is over $60,000
Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.
Please visit Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service for more information on applying for, renewing, transferring, changing or cancelling a crown land lease.