tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • Before you lodge an application, you must call property services on (03) 6169 9015 or email PropertyServices@parks.tas.gov.au to discuss your requirements or proposal.
  • There is a lease guide sheet (PDF, 292KB) to help with your application.
  • You are responsible for any additional costs that may arise as part of the application. These can include stamp duty, legal, valuation and survey fees, and environmental or heritage assessments.
    Find a Service Centrebutton_linkGet started at your nearest Service Tasmania service centreTasmania Parks & Wildlife Service Logo

    About applying for, renewing or transferring a crown land lease

    The Parks and Wildlife Service issue leases and licences to individuals, community organisations and businesses for a range of activities on Parks and Wildlife Service managed land. The Parks and Wildlife Service acts as a landlord on behalf of the Crown and the people of Tasmania.

    A lease allows the exclusive occupation of the land for a fixed term and specified purpose. Generally, leases are issued where longer term or commercial activities are proposed like:

    • marinas
    • community halls
    • caravan parks
    • sporting facilities.

    How to apply, renew or transfer

    Service CentreBy post
    Find your nearest Service CentreParks and Wildlife Service
    GPO Box 44
    Hobart, TAS 7001

    What you need to apply, renew or transfer

    To apply for, renew, transfer, vary or cancel a crown land lease you must:

    Can I apply, renew or transfer?

    Anyone can apply for a crown land lease.

    Proving your identity

    You do not need to prove your identity.

    How much it costs

    Crown land Fee - Crown Land Fee - Reserve Land 

    Lease application fee



    Licence application fee - access only



    Licence application fee - general purpose



    Lease renewal application fee



    Licence renewal application fee



    Transfer fee : consideration $60,000 or less



    Transfer fee : consideration is over $60,000



    Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.

    Payment options

    Service CentreCash IconCheque IconMoney Order IconDebit and EFTPOS IconVisa LogoMasterCard Logo
    PostCheque Icon

    More Information

    Please visit Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service for more information on applying for, renewing, transferring, changing or cancelling a crown land lease.