tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site

Key info

  • A bereavement payment is designed to help with costs following the death of a pensioner or a current or former serving member.
  • You can get a one-off bereavement payment if your partner was getting benefits under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004. You can get help with costs after the death of a veteran if they were getting benefits under the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986.
  • The amount of the bereavement payment depends on when the person who died was injured.
  • The what to do when someone dies life event contains additional information to help you manage the things that need to be done at this difficult time.
Visit nowDepartment of Veterans' AffairsPlease visit the Department of Veterans' Affairs for more information on financial support after the death of a veteranAustralian Government - Department of Veterans' Affairs logo