tas.gov.au - external site
health.tas.gov.au/coronavirus - external site
 nullPaying online takes about 5 minutes.

Key info

  • All mooring permits expire on 30 June each year and renewal notices are sent about a month beforehand.
  • You must renew your mooring permit before 30 August each year or Marine and Safety Tasmania may cancel your registration.
  • You can renew a mooring online, at a service centre, by phone or at an Australia post outlet.
    Get startedbutton_linkPay your renewal online MAST logo

    About renewing a mooring permit

    Your mooring permit registration renewal will be sent out in the post one month before the expiry date.

    You can sign up to have your renewal notice emailed to you.

    How to renew

    What you need to renew

    If you are renewing online, by phone, or by post you must:

    • have your renewal notice with payment details, and
    • pay a fee.

    If you are renewing at a service centre you must:

    • bring your renewal notice or provide proof of identity, and
    • pay a fee.

      Can I renew?

      Anyone can renew a mooring permit if they have the renewal notice.

      Proving your identity

      There are 2 ways to prove your identity:

      1. your Tasmanian driver licence
      You can show your driver licence, even if it expired up to 2 years ago

      2. provide identity documents
      If you don't have a Tasmanian driver licence, you must show at least:

      • One Category A document and two Category B documents, or
      • Two Category A documents and one Category B document.

      • Australian birth certificate (not an extract or commemorative certificate)
      • Australian photo driver licence (can be expired up to 2 years)
      • Australian passport (can be expired up to 2 years)
      • Overseas passport/visa (can be expired up to 2 years)
      • Australian firearms licence
      • Tasmanian Government personal information card (displaying full name)
      • Australian citizenship papers
      • Travel documents or ImmiCard (issued by Department of Immigration and Border Protection or Australian Government)
      • Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (issued by Department of Immigration and Border Protection)

      • Medicare card
      • Bank or credit card with signature
      • Student identity card with photo (issued by an Australian educational institution)
      • Concession card (Veteran's Affairs/Centrelink/other current entitlement issued by the Australian Government)
      • Births, Deaths and Marriages change of name/marriage certificate/deed poll (not a church or celebrant issued document)
      • High risk work licence (issued by WorkSafe Tasmania)
      • Working with vulnerable people or children card (issued by the Australian Government).

      At least one document must confirm your current Tasmanian residential address

      Additional evidentiary documentation may be required from the Evidence of Residential Address section below.

      Documents must be less than 6 months old.

      • Financial institution statement
      • Utility account (power, water, telephone)
      • Council rate notice
      • Lease or rent agreement
      • Land tax valuation notice
      • Australian Taxation Office assessment (current or last financial year)
      • Certificate of title.

      • Adoption paper issued by court
      • Divorce paper issued by court, indicating the name being reverted to
      • Change of name registration issued by Births, Deaths and Marriages or deed poll
      • Guardianship order
      • Marriage certificate issued by Births, Deaths and Marriages (not a church or celebrant issued document).

      If you are a provisional applicant, and you are unable to provide any of the above documentation to confirm a current Tasmanian residential address, you may provide one of the following:

      • Copy of driver licence of either parent (as identified on birth certificate)
      • Letter from current school confirming enrolment and address
      • Concession card - provisional applicant as a listed dependent

      How much it costs


      Renewal fee


      Transfer of ownership


      Fees and charges last updated 1 July, 2022.

      Payment options

      OnlineVisa LogoMasterCard LogoBPAY Icon
      Service CentreCash IconCheque IconMoney Order IconDebit and EFTPOS IconVisa LogoMasterCard Logo
      PhoneVisa LogoMasterCard Logo
      In personVisa LogoMasterCard LogoDebit and EFTPOS IconCash IconCheque Icon

      More Information

      • If you want to change the vessel listed on your mooring permit, complete a change of vessel details application (PDF, 153KB) and lodge it at a service centre. You will also need to provide proof of identity.

      Please visit Marine and Safety Tasmania for more information on mooring permits.