We know that our success lies in delivering excellent service to our customers. Service Tasmania’s customer service charter outlines what you can expect from our customer service and how you, our customer, can help us to deliver professional, reliable, and consistent customer service.
Why we’re here and how we work
We believe in making it easy for Tasmanians to access the services and advice they need at every stage of their life.
To achieve this we:
- simplify government services
- provide choice in how to access services
- invest in knowledgeable and friendly people
- advocate for service improvement based on public feedback
We put the Tasmanian people at the heart of our advice and services.
Our customer service principles
We have a set of overarching principles that underpin the delivery of our customer service to you.
We are committed to offering service that is:
We provide friendly and helpful service.
- we respect the time of our customers
- we actively listen and seek to understand customer needs
- we explain why we need certain information
- we keep customer information safe
We help customers find out what they need.
- we make sure customers have all the relevant information
- we connect customers to other services they might need
- we clearly explain the next steps
We offer customers service choice.
- we believe in continual improvement
- we ask for customer feedback, good and bad
- we use feedback to improve our service
Feedback helps us improve.
- we offer service face-to-face, over the phone and online
- we’ll help customers interact in the way that suits them
- if a customer needs extra support, we will help
Service Tasmania Customer Service Charter (PDF, 842KB)
How you can help us
Please recognise and understanding that customer service support is a two-way process.
To allow us to help you, we expect that you will:
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect
- give us accurate and complete information in a timely manner for us to provide support and advice
- take the time to understand your obligations and aim to fulfil them
- work with us to solve problems
- provide us with honest, constructive feedback about our service through our customer experience form or by contacting us
Tell us how we are doing
We value your suggestions, compliments, and complaints because they help us to refine and improve our services. Please take the time to let us know about your experience via our customer experience form or by contacting us.