- If your seniors card has been lost, damaged or stolen you can order a replacement card.
- If you order a replacement at a service centre you will be given a temporary card, which you can use until you new card arrives.
- A new card will be posted within 28 days.
About applying to replace a seniors card
You can replace your seniors card free of charge if it has been lost, damaged, stolen or if you have changed your name.
How to apply
What you need to apply
To order a replacement card at a service centre you must provide your:
- current seniors card, or
- proof of identity documents.
To order a replacement card over the phone you must provide your:
- full name
- new address (if applicable) or confirm current address
- phone number.
Can I apply?
To replace a seniors card you must be the seniors card holder.
Proving your identity
You must provide 3 original identity documents from the list below.
One of the documents must have your date of birth and one must prove your Tasmanian residential address.
- Australian Birth certificate (or extract)
- Australian Citizenship papers
- Driver licence
- Firearms licence
- Medicare Card
- Credit card/debit card with your signature
- Department of Veterans Affairs Card or Centrelink Aged Pension Card
- Change of Name or Marriage Certificate (from Births, Deaths and Marriages) to prove any name change
- Recent bank statement or utility account with current residential address.
How much it costs
There is no cost associated with this service.
There is no payment required for this service.